Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jesus Henry Christ (Another Movie Review)

The other night in my lack of sleep, I watched Jesus Henry Christ. This movie kept in tone with my other January movies: an indie comedy that looked much different from what it was. This colourful DVD cover doesn’t really tell us about the darkness of this comedy, but does tell us how 70’s it is.


Admittedly, I had been hesitant to watch it, if only because it looks like it’s trying too hard to be Indie and at times, it really does, at least in the beginning. About half way through we pass up all the “Look at me, look at me! I’m Indie! I swear!” moments (you know, that overly surreal effect that’s hard to pull off just right) and get to back to the real storyline, which while is an unusual story, it’s also a probable story. The probability in this story is what makes it so enchanting. The ending is rather un-extraordinary which just adds to the charm: this two children who are so, let’s  be nice and say, unique, are left with an “ordinary” ending.                                                               
                                                                                                                            Photo from IMBD

This movie about modern families and what craziness they put each other through is a fun watch. Be ready to suspend your belief at moments and just go along for the dizziness that might ensue. Jesus Henry Christ is probably not the best for those who are not fond of occasional harsh language or talk of test tube babies, but really, those are downplayed so much that I still recommend this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment